Friday, November 24, 2006

A great value Zin

Fetzer Vineyards Valley Oaks Zin 2003
California (Mendocino County)
$13

This is a great value wine from an environmentally conscious winery intent on producing affordable wines. This ruby red Cali Zin has a fruity, cherry/berry nose that follows through on the palate. It's smooth, balanced (soft-medium tannins and acidity), spicy (clove, pepper), slightly nutty, with warm toasty oak and red berries (cherry, raspberry). This medium-bodied red has a nice spicy, peppery aftertaste and is food friendly. I also like it by itself.

What else can I say? I like it. By the way the 2004 vintage is great, too. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried the 2004 vintage. I agree, it's a good deal.
K.C.

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be looking for this, thanks for the info!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home