Monday, September 18, 2006

Catchy Name, Tasty Wine: 7 Deadly Zins

7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel 2004, Old Vine
Lodi Appellation
California
14.9%
$27.90 for 750 ml

One of my faves for Zin. This dark garnet coloured wine is full and bold with a fruit-forward taste and fruity, spicy and smoky aroma. It’s very flavourful with oak, dark berries, cherries, pepper and an almost sweet candy taste. You can’t help but want more. It goes down sooo smooth! It has a fabulous aftertaste that makes it a wine truly enjoyable to sip and savour on its own. In a blind tasting with friends it was group consensus that this is a winner. To quote from the poem on the back label, “With the tilt of a glass, I commit seven zins, Oh Lord, with your help… I’ll do it again.”

Try this. You’ll love it. Make sure you read the poem on back label ruminating on the 7 deadly sins and grape vines. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this zin about a year ago, and it's one of the best I've had. I wish I had a bottle open right now. At $30, it makes a nice treat, but isn't so expensive that you can't have it once a month or so. Highly recommended!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home